Video Editor – The Human League
Your position as a video editor plays an integral role in enhancing the quality of communications at The Humane League. We want you because:
- You’re passionate about video. You can capture an audience’s attention through your fresh ideas and visual storytelling. Whether through amateur projects or in a professional setting, you have demonstrable video editing experience. You know the ins and outs of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You know how to get your brilliant ideas out of your mind and into a product. Equally important, you can communicate these ideas among the team.
- You work well independently and in teams. You’re a self-starter with strong self-management skills, but you also appreciate the value of collaboration and feedback.
- You are passionate about farm animal advocacy and THL’s mission. You understand the importance of our mission and the underlying values, and can showcase this so others do, too.
This is a full-time, remote position with occasional travel. This position reports to the VP, Communications.
WHO WE ARE
The Humane League is an international farm animal advocacy group that fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving. We have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has positioned itself for sustained growth and success in our mission to reduce the suffering of farm animals. We have a current staff size of 50+ dispersed across the US and internationally.
We are seeking a video editor to join our growing, dynamic communications team in the US to assist our internal video production team to edit high-end video content from video shoots, as well as create template videos from existing assets. Our environment is collaborative and fast-paced, and our core content is animal-welfare-related. The successful applicant has a wide range of creative styles, excellent technical ability and can translate the director’s vision while adding meaningful creative input.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES VIDEO EDITOR
You will report to the Vice President of Communications, and will work under the direction of the Video Producer. As video editor you will:
- Assist in creating videos, seamlessly editing audio and video to deliver a professional quality product that presents and advances THL’s mission, values and work.
- Edit raw footage and create a seamless final product that stays true to THL’s brand.
- Ensure our key messages and goals are incorporated into the videos.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Export projects with necessary codes to deliver appropriate file types for various platforms such as Facebook,
- YouTube, Instagram.
- Spearhead projects from start to finish, using the team’s feedback to revise as needed
- Creative mind and strong storytelling skills. Should have experience in professional video editing incorporating text and graphic animation, as well as audio editing.
- Expertise in: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Audition (or similar program), Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience in all aspects of post-production including editing, color grading,encoding, sound design, compression and basic animation.
- Experience of HD and RAW digital editing workflows and digital formats. General knowledge of Adobe’s Dynamic Link.
- Ability to source online resources when necessary, such as: stock footage, royalty free music, etc.
- Practical understanding of graphic design and typography.
- Comprehension and appreciation of artistic direction of photography, film, commercials and music videos, lighting and color styles.
- Understanding of appropriate usage of various music genres, past and current, for video projects.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter. Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- General sound editing and sound design
- Advanced animation skills a plus.
To apply, please submit resume and dazzling portfolio of video demonstrating deep understanding of storytelling and technical proficiency.
Starting salary $35,000 commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not your job? Check out our other jobs.
The latest jobs
Front-end Web Designer – Optimal
Optimal is looking for a Front-end Web Designer who is driven to create website user experiences that look amazing and encourage action. This individual should have solid experience with website design and UX. Qualified candidates need to have enough HTML/CSS experience to either develop their own product for the web, modify existing developed work, or efficiently facilitate the creation of their design with an experienced developer. This role involves assisting and collaborating with our talented team to create high-quality products that serve the goals we have for our clients.
In addition to serving as a front-end web designer, this individual would also manage their own small set of clients, as well as produce the majority of the work needed for those clients. We call this role at our company a Full-Stack Marketer. Everyone on our team serves the role of a Full-Stack Marketer to ensure we stay connected to the needs of our clients. Where skill gaps occur, or specific expertise is needed, the Full Stack Marketer can utilize our cross-functional team or our network of highly skilled contractors to produce quality work for our clients.
We’re looking for an individual who is motivated by achieving success for clients, uses data and experience to drive their decisions, and desires to expand their digital marketing skill set.
Requirements Front-end Web Designer
We will be looking for a candidate who is a strong designer and has some front development experience:
- Designer: Create designs optimized for user experience. Collaborate with the team or client to turn ideas into wireframes and prototypes. From these, create polished designs that can be developed.
- Front-end Development: Translate designs into functional pages or elements, using HTML/CSS on WordPress sites that use Advanced Custom Fields or visual builders like Divi.
- Client Management: Serve as the main point-of-contact and as the face of Optimal for a specific set of clients. Travel to in-person with clients (1-2/year) and communicate with them by phone and email. Share deliverables and results of our efforts, understand their needs and goals and maintain positive relationships with these clients.
- Marketing Strategy: Develop & implement strategies and objectives for clients that produce measurable and effective results.
- Be a Team Player: Fill in where needed, assist the team, and collaborate with a group to be successful. Help the business, as a whole, grow through continuous improvement, candid feedback, quality control and process improvement.
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- UX and conversion rate optimization centered design
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Front-end Development experience:
- Working on WordPress websites
- Editing/Creating HTML, CSS
- Experience with data analysis tools: Google Analytics, marketing automation software, heatmap/scroll-map software, A/B testing software, etc.
- Able to identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Proven account management experience
- Able to share rough drafts of designs with teams and clients
- Driven to provide strategic solutions for client needs and problems
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying close attention to detail
- Able to analyze and interpret data according to client priorities and goals
- Is a team player; values collaboration, enjoys learning new things and working with people to accomplish goals
- Values effective time management
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Asks great questions and is not afraid to ask for help
- Comfortable with iteration, experimentation, ambiguity, and change (life in tech)
- Autonomy; you decide and take ownership of how work is completed
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work remote
- Education and growth potential
- Generous vacation and extended leave policy
- Choice of benefit offerings, including HSA contribution, Life, Accident, Long Term/Short Term Disability, Dental, Vision and more.
Appleton WI or Continental US Telecommute
Not your job? Check out our other jobs.
Product Designer – Semaphore
Semaphore is looking for a well-rounded Product Designer (remote). We’re growing our design team and looking for a person who understands product design, business perspective and why we do stuff that we do, but who’s also very good at visual design.
- What will you be working on? Semaphore is a continuous delivery service, focused on speed and simplicity. A tool that helps developers write better code. More on semaphoreci.com.
- Who you’ll be working with? You’ll be closely collaborating with our marketing, product and dev teams, and continuously optimise based on data and information from research. On product design end, in functional and visual aspect, you’ll have support from Design lead and the rest of the product team.
- Who are you? We want you to stand strongly behind your decisions, but to be humble enough to accept that your opinions are challenged all the time as part of the process.
REQUIREMENTS PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Experience. This is a senior position for experienced designers. We need someone who will be a strong addition to our team from day one. Difficult to tell how much exactly, but we’d dare to say at least 4 years working on products.
- Applying. a) Send us the link to your portfolio. And the link to your blog if you are writing one. We’d like to evaluate your visual and your writing skills to be able to understand how do you think about design. b) Send us your CV, although not necessarily very formal, it must be something from what we can learn about your previous work experience.
This is a REMOTE position, but you’re welcomed to work from our Novi Sad office. If working remotely, we would like to have at least 4 hours overlap with 9-5 CET. We offer fair compensation, friendly environment, 20 days of paid vacation + public holidays in your country, unlimited books, paid gym membership and so on.
Good luck applying!
Who We Are
SemaphoreCI.com is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a fast, robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
We work in small, highly effective teams, and every person is vital to the success of the company.
Our team is made of smart, creative people who love their craft. We believe that a great place to work is where we’re surrounded by self-managed people who consistently do good work and positively inspire us.
We work in a fast-changing environment of a new market, and there are many ways you can make a great impact. You will not be just improving the product or customer experience, but have a voice in shaping the company culture too.
Sounds good? Come work with us as a product designer.
Not your job? Check out our other jobs.
Front End Developer – Time Doctor
This is a 100% fulltime remote work and we’re looking for a Front End Developer. We prefer to hire people who have 100% experience in FRONT END development work, not back end. You must be from Europe and Asia to be able to collaborate best with our current dev team is in Asia or Europe. And so it is unlikely (although not impossible) that we will hire in north or south america.
You will be working from home with mostly flexible hours although you will need to attend the team meeting which is at approximately 8:30am GMT and to work for 3 hours after this time for team collaboration (This is 3:30am to 6:30am New York time, so you can see that’s the reason we are not likely to hire in north, central or south america).
What will you be repsonsible for as a Front End Developer
You will be working in a team of around 10 other developers. You will be working on complex bugs, new features, and improvements for the software. The software is the web app of our time tracking software for remote teams.
You are going to get involved into different branching models for version control, and strict coding standards, work with continuous integration.
To be a best fitr for this job you need to
- Be an expert in slicing PSD to HTML
- Have good experience in React.js (2+ years), building web based applications
- Be an expert in twitter bootstrap
- Have a good experience with Angular JS is a plus
To apply, please send your updated resume and cover letter with links to your works in Reactjs and Web Design.
Only applications with ALL the requirements will be accepted.
If you qualify, you will take a test and later go through an interview.
NOTE: You must agree to use our time tracking and monitoring software while at work. This will be the basis for your payment.
About our company and product
Time Doctor is a time tracking and productivity tool. Our software can be used by an individual or a team to track time for tasks and monitor computer activity, such as taking screenshots while you’re working, monitor keyboard and mouse activity and track web app and website usage.
We have a team of over 65 people working 100% remotely in 8 different countries.
Not your job? Check out our other front-end jobs.
Senior Web Designer – netRivals
We are looking for a talented Freelance Senior Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
The target is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction:
- 5+ years work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Handling of design tools needed, at least Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge acquired about usability and user experience
Requirements Senior Web Designer
- Experience working on SaaS
- Knowledge on Boostrap elements
- Strong knowledge and experience in HTML and CSS
In netRivals we help hundreds of businesses optimize their sales adopting real-time pricing policies. To achieve so, our systems compare millions of products on a daily basis so that our customers are able to find their rivals.
We work in more than 20 countries for big and small customers without discrimination and we are aiming to democratize the analysis of prices and competitors. We want that both retailers and brands get an accurate vision of their markets in real time at an unbeatable price.
Do you want to join us and help our customers become more competitive?
If you are interested in this job opening, please, contact us at email@example.com
Not your job? Check out our other jobs.
Infrastructure Engineer – Auth0
Auth0 is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help ensure that our services stay up and running while continuing to rapidly ship software that our customers love. An Infrastructure Engineer is a specialist in creating, deploying and running infrastructure and have a great knowledge of networking, the linux kernel and systems scaling.
We are looking for people that have a passion for building robust infrastructure components that others can reuse and have a track record of working with infrastructure at world scale.
For many companies, Auth0 is a core part of their application infrastructure. Our goal every day is to ensure we’re shipping Developer Joy, and one of the most important ways we internalize this is ensure we provide to a service that is highly available for our cloud-based customers.
- Manage our infrastructure and provide alerting for teams to detect common problems
- Develop and configure a fault tolerant set of CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) to be used by other teams serving content
- Design and develop the backup and restore procedures for storage services
- Collaborate with development teams to introduce and test updated infrastructure components to be delivered as a service
- Respond to on-call pages caused by failures related to the infrastructure services they own
You might be a good fit as a Infrastructure Engineer if you
- Have in-depth knowledge of Linux internals
- Have Salt experience (preferred, but not required if familiar with a complimentary tool)
- Have Python scripting expertise (our preferred language for scripts)
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Located in Pacific Standard Time (PST), UTC -8
You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Not your job? Check out our other jobs.